»

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Gratitude Journal

Hi everybody,
I have been dying to share my latest project with you all as I am very happy with it.

I spend quite some time researching ideas and planning and designing a Gratitude Journal. One that is small enough to keep with you at all times so that when those specfial moments occur that you are grateful for, you can enter them in your journal right there and then.

The idea of a Gratitude Journal is that you write down ( or paste a picture or memorabilia) things that you are grateful for, such as friendships, great job, family, etc and then on those "blah" days when you think nothing is going right, you can get out your book and "count your blessings".

I have used some scrapbooking ideas and some similar ideas to those used in Stampin' Up!'s This'n'That journal etc. The journal is one that evolves over time.

Since attending my GJ class at least two of my customers have prepared several other pages as ideas have sprung from the ones I taught. It is so exciting to be the springboard for something that keeps on giving!

Anyway you'll be wanting to see it:

This is the cover, brushed gold cardstock embossed in Gold. The background stamp is "Off the Grid". The numbers for the date I lined up on a clear mount H block so that they could be stamped all together. I found that the Watercolour Wonger Designer Washi tape (also from the ocassions mini) changed colour hue according to the colour of the cardstock it was adhered to. So you will see the "ribbons" on the cover look like they were made with 3 different Washi tapes but in reality it was only 2.
Pic of the Week Award


I will show you a couple of pages now and some more pages over the next few days:)

One page lined with the new Watercolour Wonder DSP and adhered to the preceding page (corner folded down) and handmade marbled button (from Simply Pressed Clay).

My customers really loved the new rotary "Make Note" stamp from the new occasions mini. I used it on several pages and on this page the row of hearts was stamped using it. The rotary stamps are so versatile and great for this kind of project. They are also very reasonably priced at $11.95 with 12 separate images on the roller.


This page was pretty much straight from p 6 of the Occasions mini, using the gorgeous gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum.







No comments:

Post a Comment