»

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm on a roll now

It was my flatmate, Vicki's birthday last week so I made this card inspired by my good friend and fellow demonstrator, Julia Leece and instead of a cat, I made a penguin bookmark as Vicki loves Penguins. The punch art was CASEd from Nanette VerHagen through this web site.

It was also my nephew in law, Karl's birthday a few days ago. It's always a challenge for me to make masculine cards but I found this punch art idea and used it to make this card. The punch art designer was Annette Mac (but sorry can't for the life of me find a blog for her now)

Can you see I have used the "Square lattice" impression folder form the Summer Mini with tin foil for the background? I also ran the clothes through to look like cloth but in hindsight maybe a bit much texture? I handwrote the sentiment using the "versa marker" (pg 143 of the main cat) and embossed with silver embossing powder.

1 comment: